She is the daughter of Lee Kun-hee, the billionaire chairman of Samsung Group. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Yonsei University, and later in her career, an MBA from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston, US.
She lives in Seoul, South Korea.
In 1999, she married Im Woo-jae, known in the South Korean press as “Mr. Cinderella” because of his humble background, as an “employee of a security service affiliate of Samsung Group”. They separated in 2012, and have one son together.
In a court ruling in July 2017, Lee was ordered to pay her ex-husband Im Woo-jae $7.6 million, as part of their divorce settlement, with Lee receiving sole custody of their son. Im is counter-suing, seeking $1.1 billion as a division of assets.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Lee Boo-jin is the president and chief executive of Hotel Shilla, one of Seoul’s top lodging and conference centers.
- Hotel Shilla is also the country’s biggest duty-free operator after Lotte.
- Lee Boo-jin has also served as an advisor for the trading department of Samsung C&T, her family’s de-facto holding company.
- Daughter of ailing Samsung Group patriarch Lee Kun-hee, she is projected to split her father’s empire with her brother Jay Y. and sister Seo-hyun.
- With her brother embroiled in a bribery scandal, there has been speculation about Boo-jin as a possible successor to the family empire.