Serena Jameka Williams sinh ngày 26 tháng 9 năm 1981 là vận động viên quần vợt nữ người Mỹ.
Williams was born in Saginaw, Michigan, to Oracene Price and Richard Williams, and is the youngest of Price’s five daughters: half-sisters Yetunde, Lyndrea, and Isha Price, and full older sister Venus. She also has at least seven paternal half-siblings. When the children were young, the family moved to Compton, California, where Williams started playing tennis at the age of three. Her father home-schooled Serena and her sister, Venus. While he and subsequently her mother have been the official coaches, other mentors who helped her learn the game included Richard Williams, a Compton man who shared her father’s name and would go on to found The Venus and Serena Williams Tennis/Tutorial Academy.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- The 23-time Grand Slam winner is known not only for her prowess on the courts but for her business acumen as well.
- She launched her own clothing line, Serena, in May of this year and bought a stake in the Miami Dolphins alongside her sister in 2009.
- After a difficult birth to her daughter, Olympia, she announced she wouldn’t be defending her Australian Open title.
- Nonetheless, she still ranks as the highest paid female athlete for the third straight year with earnings of $18.1 million thanks to her endorsement portfolio.
- Williams became a beacon of strength for women this year as she took a stand on the double standards in tennis and advocated for working moms.