Angela Jean Ahrendts, DBE, born June 7, 1960.
Ahrendts was born and raised in New Palestine, Indiana, the third of six children. Her father, Richard Ahrendts, was a businessman, and her mother, Jean, was a homemaker.
She attended New Palestine High School, where she was a varsity cheerleader. In 1982, she earned an undergraduate degree in Merchandising and Marketing from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- In charge of online retail and Apple’s 497 stores worldwide, the former Burberry CEO is known for her ability to reimagine the retail experience.
- With iPhone sales down, Ahrendts is rebranding Apple stores as “town squares,” driving traffic by rebranding the spaces as gathering & learning hubs.
- She also launched “Today At Apple,” extending in-store educational opportunities to coding and computer science.
- Since joining Apple in 2014, she leads 50% of the company’s workforce and has overseen Apple’s expansion in China, opening 41 stores in three years.
- She is the only woman on the senior leadership team. Apple is still 68% male.