Melanie Kreis was born in 1971.
Kreis attended the State University of New York at Stony Brook, US, and graduated in 1994 with a master’s in physics and obtained another degree in physics in 1997 from the University of Bonn. In 2000 she graduated with a Master of Business Administration at INSEAD, France.
Kreis began her career in 1997 at the management consultancy McKinsey & Company in Cologne. In 2000 she then moved to Apax Partners, based in Munich and London. She has been working for Deutsche Post DHL since 2004 and was appointed to the board in October 2014.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Kreis became CFO of Deutsche Post, the world’s largest logistics company, in October 2016 and is the only woman on its executive board.
- Kreis, who was previously a member of the Deutsche Post board for human resources and CFO of DHL Express, is the first woman to hold the position.
- She played a key role in executing the sale of Deutsche Post’s stake in Postbank, a German retail bank, to Deutsche Bank.
- Deutsche Post, which has over half a million employees, saw its second-quarter profit drop due to one-time restructuring costs in the parcel division.
- To prepare for the impact of earthquakes and events like Hurricane Harvey, the company invested $21 million in supply risk company Resilience360.