Raja Al Gurg is a businesswoman who lives in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
Raja Al Gurg graduated from Kuwait University in 1977 with a degree in English Literature and served as headmistress of Zabeel Secondary School for Girls from 1978 to 1989. In 1989 Al Gurg joined the Board of Directors of the Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group and is currently the Group’s Managing Director.
In September 2003, Al Gurg, along with Sheikha Lubna Al-Qasimi, led a delegation of Dubai businesswomen to the US – Arab Economic Forum.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Raja Easa Al Gurg is managing director of one of the biggest conglomerates in the Middle East.
- The Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group consists of 27 companies ranging from retail to construction to a metal foundry.
- Al Gurg is also president of the Dubai Business Women Council and works to improve female entrepreneurship in the United Arab Emirates.
- She also serves as board member at Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai Women’s Association and HSBC Middle East.
- She is the first ever Emirati woman appointed to the board of HSBC Bank Middle East Limited (HBME).