Denise Coates CBE (born 26 September 1967) is a British billionaire businesswoman, the founder and joint chief executive of online gambling company Bet365.
Denise Coates is the eldest daughter of Peter Coates, chairman of Stoke City F.C. and a director of Bet365, and is married to Richard Smith, a director at Stoke City Football Club. She earned a first class degree in econometrics from the University of Sheffield.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Coates is the co-CEO of Bet365, one of the world’s largest online gambling companies, along with her billionaire brother, John.
- Coates first trained as an accountant before taking over a number of her family’s betting shops and then selling them to bookmaker Coral.
- Noting the success of online gambling businesses, Coates bought the domain Bet365.com in 2000 and launched the website in 2001.
- She owns around half of privately held Bet365, which had $3.2 billion in revenue and facilitated $65 billion in bets in the year through March 2017.
- She controversially paid herself $279 million in 2017, making her the highest-paid British CEO and the best-paid female chief executive in the world.