Lubna Suliman Olayan (born August 4, 1955) (Arabic: لبنى سلیمان العليان ) is a Saudi business woman. Born to Sulaiman Olayan and Maryam bint Jassim Al Abdulwahab, Olayan was listed as one of the top 100 most influential people of 2005 by Time magazine, and continued to be on the Forbes list of most powerful women till 2011 and returned to the list in 2014. In 2004, Olayan was the first woman in Saudi history to deliver an opening keynote address at a major conference in Saudi Arabia; at the Jeddah Economic Forum. As of 2014, she was listed as the 86th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Olayan has been appointed chairwoman of what will be the third-largest lender in Saudi Arabia, following the merger of Saudi British Bank and Alawwal Bank.
- She has been deputy chair of Alawwal Bank since 2014.
- Olayan will be the first woman in her country to run a publicly traded bank.
- A member of the wealthiest family in the Middle East, she is CEO of Olayan Financing, a diversified conglomerate founded by her father in 1947.
- She is reportedly considering issuing stock shares in some of the assets of her company in an effort to wean the Saudi economy off its oil dependency.