Gwynne Shotwell was Rowley; born November 23, 1963.
Shotwell was born in Evanston, Illinois as the middle of three daughters to a brain surgeon and an artist and raised in Libertyville, Illinois. She received, with honors, a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mathematics from Northwestern University.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Shotwell was one of SpaceX’s first employees and manages the day-to-day operations of the commercial space exploration company founded by Elon Musk.
- It’s grown from a futuristic idea of enabling people to live on other planets to a company with over 6,000 employees and a valuation of $28 billion.
- This year the company won a $645 million contract with the US Air Force to launch three next-generation GPS satellites into space.
- The company has 22 Falcon 9 missions planned for 2019 and its number of successful missions have begun to outpace rivals ULA and Arianespace.
- Having worked at SpaceX for 16 years, Shotwell came to the defense of her controversial boss, Musk, saying that he “drives you to do your best work.”