Shari Ellin Redstone was born April 14, 1954.
Redstone is the daughter of Sumner Redstone and Phyllis Gloria Raphael and sister of Brent Redstone. Her grandfather was Michael Redstone who was the original founder of National Amusements, the parent company that now owns the majority of the Redstone media empire. She holds a Bachelor of Science from Tufts University, graduating in 1975. She received her law degrees at Boston University School of Law in 1978 (J.D.) and in 1980 (LLM). She practiced corporate law, estate planning and criminal law in the Boston area before joining National Amusements.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Redstone, the daughter of media mogul Sumner Redstone, is the vice chair and controlling owner of both Viacom and CBS.
- She is the first woman to have such a large stake of a U.S. media business, controlling a $30 billion media empire.
- A CBS suit against Ms. Redstone over control of the company was dismissed in May as CBS Chief Leslie Moonves was ousted due to sexual misconduct.
- With Moonves gone, Redstone could try to push through her long-term plans to merge CBS and Viacom in a bid to sell the combined entity.
- Although Moonves’ exit settlement prevents Redstone from pursuing the merger for two years, the CBS board could pursue a merger independently.