Faulkner was born in August 1943 to Louis and Del Greenfield. She was raised in the Erlton neighborhood of Cherry Hill, New Jersey and graduated from Moorestown Friends School in 1961. She received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Dickinson College and a master’s degree in computer science from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Faulkner started Human Services Computing, which later became Epic Systems, shortly after receiving her master’s degree. The company began with a $6,000 investment, part of which came from her parents. Faulkner and her family currently own 43% of Epic Systems.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Judy Faulkner founded America’s leading medical-record software provider, Epic, in a Wisconsin basement in 1979.
- Faulkner, a computer programmer, is still CEO of the $2.7 billion (2017 sales) company.
- Epic supports the medical records of over 230 million patients and is used by top medical centers such as Johns Hopkins and Mayo Clinic.
- The company has never raised venture capital or made an acquisition, and develops all its software in-house.
- Faulkner signed the Giving Pledge in 2015 and has agreed to eventually gift 99% of her stake in Epic to a private charitable foundation.