Marianne Lake is the Chief Financial Officer of the bank JPMorgan Chase. She was appointed on 20 November 2012, replacing Douglas Braunstein. Blythe Masters and Lou Rauchenberger were also considered for the role. She is a Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and did her bachelors degree in Physics from Reading University in United Kingdom.
Lake has emphasized the company’s role as a technological innovator.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- As CFO of the largest bank in the U.S. and a member of the firm’s operating committee, Marianne Lake keeps track of $2.5 trillion in total assets.
- To optimize efficiency she introduced automation technology to JPMorgan Chase, including a new firmwide platform that oversees regulatory capital.
- She is also tasked with answering to analysts every quarter after the bank reports earnings.
- Her name has come up repeatedly as a potential successor to Jamie Dimon as CEO, which would make her the first female chief executive of a U.S. bank.
- She has been public about her decision at 42 to have her three children through a surrogate even though she didn’t have a partner.