Brewer, a Detroit native, attended Cass Technical High School in Detroit. She completed her undergraduate education at Spelman College, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. She is a graduate of the Director’s College at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business/Stanford Law School, and she also attended an advanced management program at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Brewer is the first woman and first African-American to serve as COO of Starbucks.
- She helped the company navigate a trying year as it faced nationwide protests following the arrest of two black men at a Philadelphia store location.
- In response, Starbucks implemented policy changes and racial bias training for employees in more than 8,000 stores.
- Brewer has also bolstered Starbucks’ sustainability initiatives including the introduction of a reusable version of the popular Starbucks holiday cup.
- Before Starbucks, Brewer was CEO of Sam’s Club which she helped bring into the modern day with services such as advance online ordering of groceries.