Chau was born in 1961 as the daughter of a Hong Kong small time businessman. She attended the prestigious Diocesan Girls’ School in Hong Kong, where was elected junior house captain. She sat the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination in 1978 and graduated in 1979. Upon her graduation, she went on to continue her education in Sydney, Australia at the University of New South Wales.
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Hoi Shuen Chau, also known as Solina Holly, is the director of Li Ka Shing foundation, which invests globally in education and healthcare projects.
- The philanthropic vehicle of Asia’s richest man, Li Ka-shing, the foundation has donated more than $2.6 billion.
- In 1999, Chau cofounded Horizons Ventures, an active funder of disruptive and technology-focused start-ups.
- Through Horizons Ventures she’s had her hand in investments including Waze, Skype, Slack, Hampton Creek and Facebook.
- She compares her partnership with Li, who is also a backer of her VC firm and a close confidante, to that of Sancho Panza and Don Quixote.