As a child, Cunningham had a strong interest in math and science in school. She later studied at Lehigh University, graduating in 1996 with a bachelors degree in industrial engineering. She has five siblings and when she was young her father worked at a brokerage firm
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Cunningham made history in 2018 as the first female president of the New York Stock Exchange in its 226-year history.
- Prior to leading the world’s largest stock exchange, she served as COO, overseeing NYSE’s equities, equities derivatives and exchange-traded products.
- Since her appointment, Cunningham has played a critical role in updating the NYSE’s trading operations.
- She led the rollout of Pillar, a major technology overhaul connecting all of the exchange’s markets.
- As more businesses opt to stay private longer, Cunningham is working to make it easier for companies to access the public markets.