Peng Liyuan wasborn 20 November 1962.
Peng Liyuan is a native of Yuncheng County, Shandong province. Peng joined the People’s Liberation Army in 1980, when she was 18 years old, and began as an ordinary soldier. Because of her vocal talent, Peng later performed during frontline tours to boost troop morale during the Sino-Vietnamese border conflicts. Peng first performed nationally and came to fame during the earliest rendition of the CCTV New Year’s Gala in 1982, when she performed On the Plains of Hope.
Peng has been married to Xi Jinping for over 25 years. Together they have a daughter named Xi Mingze (习明泽) born in 1992, nicknamed Xiao Muzi (小木子).
Hoạt động và sự nghiệp
- Peng is China’s first high-profile first lady since Chairman Mao’s wife, Jiang Qing — inserting a dose of glamour into a traditional role.
- Peng promotes rural education in China and campaigns against HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis for the World Health Organization.
- In July 2018, Peng met the director general of UNESCO to discuss promoting international female education.
- Also this year, she expressed China’s willingness to make greater contributions to the World Health Organization’s 2030 sustainable goals on health.
- She was a famous opera singer, folk singer and actress before marrying General Secretary of the Communist Party Xi Jinping.